OF THE POLICY
REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING OF
ON MONDAY 4 JUNE 2007 AT 7:36PM
His Worship the Mayor Councillor Pat Sheehy AM, Councillors Jim Aitken OAM, David Bradbury, Kevin Crameri OAM (arrived 7:37pm), Greg Davies (arrived 7:38pm), Mark Davies, Jackie Greenow, Garry Rumble, Steve Simat and John Thain.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
Leave of Absence was previously granted to Councillor Lexie Cettolin for the period 21 May 2007 to 25 June 2007 inclusive.
Leave of Absence was previously granted to Councillor Karen McKeown for the period 25 May 2007 to 26 June 2007 inclusive.
Leave of Absence was previously granted to Councillor Kaylene Allison for the period 26 May 2007 to 1 July 2007 inclusive.
Leave of Absence was previously granted to Councillor Ross Fowler for the period 2 June 2007 to 17 June 2007 inclusive.
Councillor Kevin Crameri OAM arrived, the time being 7:37pm.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Councillor Greg Davies arrived, the time being 7:38pm.
1. The information contained in the report on Status of National Growth Area Alliance be received.
Mayor represent Council in discussions with the Mayors of the other National
Growth Area Alliance Councils in
3. A further report outlining proposed regional and local communication strategies be presented to the next available Policy Review meeting.
1. The information contained in the report on Penrith Open Space Action Plan and Penrith City Local Open Space Development Contributions Plan be received.
2. Council endorse the Penrith Open Space Action Plan as attached to this report.
3. Council approve the Penrith City Local Open Space Development Contributions Plan as attached to this report, and repeal the existing Development Contributions Plan for Open Space in Existing Residential Areas (1997).
4. The balance of Section 94 funds at the end of the 2006/07 financial year relating to the Development Contributions Plan for Open Space in Existing Residential Areas (1997) be transferred to the Penrith City Local Open Space Development Contributions Plan.
5. Public notice of Councils decision be placed in a local newspaper.
6. Those persons who made submissions be advised of Councils decision.
7. Council seek Government grant opportunities under the NSW Sport and Recreation Capital Assistance Program (CAP) and the Regional Sports Facility Program (RSFP) for improving open space areas in the City.
1. The information contained in the report on the Review of Council's On-site Sewage Management Strategy be received.
2. The amended On-site Wastewater Management Policy be adopted by Council.
3. The name of the Policy be re-considered with the aim to focus more on water re-use management rather than wastewater management.
1. The information contained in the report
revised selection criteria and amount of the scholarship offered through the
3. Council congratulate Miss Alicia Parata on her receipt of the scholarship, and mention be given of this in the Mayoral Message column in the local media.
There being no further business the Chairperson declared the meeting closed the time being 8:17pm.