OF THE POLICY
REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING OF
ON MONDAY 29 OCTOBER 2007 AT 7:38PM
His Worship the Mayor Councillor Greg Davies, Councillors Jim Aitken OAM, Kaylene Allison, David Bradbury, Lexie Cettolin, Kevin Crameri OAM, Ross Fowler, Jackie Greenow, Karen McKeown, Pat Sheehy AM and John Thain.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
The Director City Strategy, Mr Alan Stoneham, gave a brief overview of the progress of the 2005-2009 Strategic Program 24 Month Review. Presentations were then made, detailing the progress with the 2005-2009 Strategic Program.
Director City Strategy (City Challenges)
· Penrith Lakes resolution of parkland management, funding model and Councils continuing role in the planning process
Infrastructure delivery, National Growth Areas
· Economic Development review of model
· Childrens Services - Cooperative sustainability and Citywide Childrens Strategy
· Magnetic Places program and linkages to other Issues
· Library Directions Plan implication for service delivery models
· Entities roles and relationships to be reviewed
Director City Planning
· Urban Development Residential Strategy review, affordable housing, reforms to developer contributions
· Integrated Land Use and Transport Strategy Buy in of State Government agencies and public transport providers
· Bushland Corridors management
· Climate Change City and Council dimensions
His Worship the Mayor, Councillor Greg Davies left the meeting, the time being 8:35pm.
His Worship the Mayor, Councillor Greg Davies returned to the meeting, the time being 8:40pm.
Councillor Lexie Cettolin left the meeting, the time being 8:47pm, and did not return.
Director City Operations
· Recreation and Leisure delivering facilities and services and review utilisation of existing facilities
· Parks Asset and Tree Management fixed asset renewal and management strategies
· Public Domain Maintenance link to the provision of safe and well maintained public space
Chief Financial Officer
· Resourcing Councils Program maintaining a sound financial position with increasing budget pressures, infrastructure renewal and maintenance and rising community expectations
· Funding CBD Improvements Property Strategy to stimulate investment in the Centres
· Services improving service delivery
· Information Management online access to services and information
· Governance building on improvements
Councillor Jim Aitken OAM left the meeting, the time being 9:11pm.
Councillor Jim Aitken OAM returned to the meeting, the time being 9:14pm.
Director City Strategy (Organisational challenges)
· Workforce Strategy
· Future industrial relations framework
· Community Engagement
· Formulating the next Strategic Plan and Program
General Manager (Concluding comments)
· Strategic Program has set many stretch goals and there have been changes along the way.
Everything in Councils Program is underway or has been discussed
tonight. The Progress Review report shows that nothing has been lost off the
agenda. Directors have identified the likely program
· Councillors can take the opportunity at this point to identify any areas of dissatisfaction with the responses outlined in the Review or the challenges discussed by the Directors in their presentation.
His Worship the Mayor, Councillor Greg Davies congratulated the General Manager, Directors and Council Officers on the progress to date.
1. The information contained in the report on 2005-2009 Strategic Program - Mid-Term Review be received
2. The assignment of Issue 9 Recreation and Leisure to the Director - City Operations be endorsed
3. A report be presented to Council that provides an update on the planning and construction of skate parks in the Penrith Local Government Area
4. A memo be provided to all Councillors outlining the progress with the production of the next volume of the History of Penrith
5. A report be presented to Council that provides an update on the savings achieved by Council over recent years in energy and water use and in carbon emissions, including financial savings
memo be provided to all Councillors on the traffic safety issues of the
There being no further business the Chairperson declared the meeting closed the time being 9:36pm.