OF THE POLICY REVIEW COMMITTEE
ON MONDAY 3 MARCH 2008 AT 7:34PM
Her Worship the Deputy Mayor Councillor Jackie Greenow, Councillors Kaylene Allison, David Bradbury (arrived 7:39pm), Lexie Cettolin, Kevin Crameri OAM, Mark Davies, Ross Fowler OAM, Karen McKeown, Susan Page, Garry Rumble, Pat Sheehy AM, and John Thain.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
Leave of Absence was previously granted to Councillor Greg Davies for the period 3 March 2008 to 6 March 2008 inclusive.
Leave of Absence was previously granted to Councillor Jim Aitken OAM for the period 3 March 2008 to 6 March 2008 inclusive.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Councillor Jackie Greenow declared a Pecuniary Interest in Item 3 Heritage Incentive Fund as she owns property that has the potential to be Heritage Listed. Councillor Greenow declared her intention to leave the meeting during debate and voting on this matter.
Councillor Greenow asked for nominations to take the Chair during debate and voting on Item 3 Heritage Incentive Fund.
One nomination was received, that being from
PRC 13 RESOLVED on the MOTION of Councillor Kaylene Allison seconded Councillor Karen McKeown that Councillor Pat Sheehy AM take the Chair during debate and voting on Item 3 Heritage Incentive Fund.
Councillor David Bradbury arrived, the time being 7:39pm.
Councillor David Bradbury declared a non-pecuniary interest in Item 2 Penrith City Childrens Services Co-operative Ltd, as one of his children attends the service.
Councillor Kevin Crameri declared a non-pecuniary interest in Item 2 Penrith City Childrens Services Co-operative Ltd, as he has a relative that works for the service.
1. The information contained in the report on Penrith City Children's Services Co-operative Ltd. be received
2. Council agree to underwrite the operation of Penrith City Childrens Services Co-operative Ltd until the presentation to Council of the Penrith City Childrens Services Co-operative Ltd Annual Report for 2007/08
3. A letter of thanks be forwarded to the Chairman of the Board and the Board Members for their time and effort as volunteers and their hard work over the past year.
1 Submission to the Department of
Planning on the draft
1. The information contained in the report on Submission to the Department of Planning on the draft North West Subregional Strategy be received.
2. Council endorse the presentation of a submission to the Department of Planning, based on the matters outlined in this report, in response to the exhibition of the draft North West Subregional Strategy.
3. Council write
to WSROC and to the five Councils in the
1. The information contained in the report on Economic Development and Employment Services Review be received
2. A single external entity combining the roles of the Penrith Valley Economic Development Corporation and Councils Economic Development Department be established to deliver Councils economic development and employment services
3. The Board of the new entity comprise industry leaders representing key existing and future industries which will contribute to economic vitality and jobs growth in the City
4. The Penrith City Centre Association and the St Marys Town Centre Association be consulted regarding their existing and future role in economic development and their relationship with the new entity
5. A Steering Committee comprising Council officers nominated by the General Manager and Penrith Valley Economic Development Corporation representatives be established to develop a blueprint for implementing the outcomes of the review and that the Committee be guided by the principles adopted by the Working Party
6. A further report be presented to Council on the recommendations of the Steering Committee covering the issues identified by the Working Party, and including the outcomes of the consultations with the Town and Centre Associations.
Having previously declared a Pecuniary Interest in Item 3 Heritage Incentive Fund, Her Worship the Deputy Mayor, Councillor Jackie Greenow vacated the Chair and left the meeting, the time being 8:03pm.
1. The information contained in the report on Heritage Incentive Fund be received
2. Council approve the recommended funding allocations as provided in this report.
Councillor Jackie Greenow returned to the meeting and resumed the Chair, the time being 8:10pm.
There being no further business the Chairperson declared the meeting closed the time being 8:11pm.