OF THE POLICY REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING OF PENRITH CITY COUNCIL HELD IN THE PASSADENA ROOM, PENRITH
ON MONDAY 27 APRIL 2009 AT 7:34PM
His Worship the Mayor Councillor Jim Aitken OAM, Councillors Kaylene Allison, Robert Ardill, Greg Davies, Mark Davies, Tanya Davies, Ross Fowler OAM, Ben Goldfinch, Jackie Greenow, Marko Malkoc, Karen McKeown, Kath Presdee and John Thain.
CONFIRMATION OF MINUTES - Policy Review Committee Meeting - 30 March 2009
PRC 24 RESOLVED on the MOTION of Councillor Greg Davies seconded Councillor Marko Malkoc that the minutes of the Policy Review Committee Meeting of 30 March 2009 be confirmed.
Councillor Kevin Crameri OAM entered the meeting, the time being 7:35pm.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Councillor Kevin Crameri OAM declared a Non-Pecuniary Conflict of Interest – Less than Significant in an item to be raised in Confidential Business as the matter indirectly concerns an individual who voluntarily handed out election material for Councillor Kevin Crameri OAM.
Councillor Kevin Crameri OAM left the meeting, the time being 7:38pm.
Councillor Kevin Crameri OAM returned to the meeting, the time being 7:41pm.
Councillor Mark Davies left the meeting, the time being 7:44pm.
Councillor Mark Davies returned to the meeting, the time being 7:48pm.
2 North West and West Central Sydney Employment Strategies
Professor Phillip O’Neill from the Urban Research Centre at University of Western Sydney gave a presentation to the Council on the North West and West Central Sydney Employment Strategies Report.
PRC 25 RESOLVED on the MOTION of Councillor Ross Fowler OAM seconded Councillor Mark Davies
1. The information contained in the report on North West and West Central Sydney Employment Strategies be received.
2. Council write to WSROC seeking regional dialogue on an implementation program for the report’s key outcomes and suggest to WSROC that it includes these outcomes as a main focus in their upcoming Strategic Plan.
3. Council thank Professor Phillip O’Neill for his presentation.
4. Council write to the Penrith Valley Economic Development Corporation (PVEDC) with a view to clarifying the relative roles and responsibilities of PVEDC and Council with respect to the key outcomes of the North West and West Central Sydney Employment Strategies Report.
The City in its Broader Context
PRC 26 RESOLVED on the MOTION of Councillor Marko Malkoc seconded Councillor Jackie Greenow
1. The information contained in the report on City Centres Strategy Implementation be received.
2. A City Centres Working Party be established as detailed in this report and be made up of His Worship the Mayor, Councillor Jim Aitken OAM, Councillors Greg Davies, Mark Davies, Tanya Davies, Ross Fowler OAM, Jackie Greenow and John Thain and all other available Councillors.
Councillor Prue Guillaume entered the meeting, the time being 8:16pm.
The meeting closed to consider Confidential Business, the time being 8:21pm.
1 Presence of the Public
PRC 27 RESOLVED on the MOTION of Councillor Greg Davies seconded Councillor Marko Malkoc that the press and public be excluded from the meeting to deal with the following matter:
Leadership and Organisation
2 Legal Matter - 8 Donohoes Avenue, Mulgoa
This item has been referred to Committee of the Whole as the report refers to advice concerning litigation, or advice that would otherwise be privileged from production in legal proceedings on the ground of legal professional privilege and discussion of the matter in open meeting would be, on balance, contrary to the public interest.
RESUMPTION OF BUSINESS IN OPEN COMMITTEE
The meeting resumed at 9:35pm and the General Manager reported that after excluding the press and public from the meeting, the Policy Review Committee met in confidential session from 8:21pm to 9:35pm to consider a legal matter.
The General Manager reported that while in confidential session, the Committee resolved the confidential business as follows:
PRC 28 RESOLVED on the MOTION of Councillor Tanya Davies seconded Councillor Ross Fowler OAM that the information contained in the report on Legal Matter - 8 Donohoes Avenue, Mulgoa be received.
There being no further business the Chairperson declared the meeting closed, the time being 9:36pm.
I certify that these 3 pages are the Confirmed Minutes of the Policy Review Committee Meeting of Penrith City Council held on 27 April 2009.