OF THE POLICY REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING OF PENRITH CITY COUNCIL HELD IN THE PASSADENA ROOM, PENRITH
ON MONDAY 27 APRIL 2009 AT 7:34PM
His Worship the Mayor Councillor Jim Aitken OAM, Councillors Kaylene Allison, Robert Ardill, Greg Davies, Mark Davies, Tanya Davies, Ross Fowler OAM, Ben Goldfinch, Jackie Greenow, Marko Malkoc, Karen McKeown, Kath Presdee and John Thain.
Councillor Kevin Crameri OAM entered the meeting, the time being 7:35pm.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Councillor Kevin Crameri OAM declared a Non-Pecuniary Conflict of Interest – Less than Significant in an item to be raised in Confidential Business as the matter indirectly concerns an individual who voluntarily handed out election material for Councillor Kevin Crameri OAM.
Councillor Kevin Crameri OAM left the meeting, the time being 7:38pm.
Councillor Kevin Crameri OAM returned to the meeting, the time being 7:41pm.
Councillor Mark Davies left the meeting, the time being 7:44pm.
Councillor Mark Davies returned to the meeting, the time being 7:48pm.
Professor Phillip O’Neill from the Urban Research Centre at University of Western Sydney gave a presentation to the Council on the North West and West Central Sydney Employment Strategies Report.
1. The information contained in the report on North West and West Central Sydney Employment Strategies be received.
2. Council write to WSROC seeking regional dialogue on an implementation program for the report’s key outcomes and suggest to WSROC that it includes these outcomes as a main focus in their upcoming Strategic Plan.
3. Council thank Professor Phillip O’Neill for his presentation.
4. Council write to the Penrith Valley Economic Development Corporation (PVEDC) with a view to clarifying the relative roles and responsibilities of PVEDC and Council with respect to the key outcomes of the North West and West Central Sydney Employment Strategies Report.
1. The information contained in the report on City Centres Strategy Implementation be received.
2. A City Centres Working Party be established as detailed in this report and be made up of His Worship the Mayor, Councillor Jim Aitken OAM, Councillors Greg Davies, Mark Davies, Tanya Davies, Ross Fowler OAM, Jackie Greenow and John Thain and all other available Councillors.
The meeting closed to consider Confidential Business, the time being 8:21pm.
1 Presence of the Public
Leadership and Organisation
2 Legal Matter - 8 Donohoes Avenue, Mulgoa
This item has been referred to Committee of the Whole as the report refers to advice concerning litigation, or advice that would otherwise be privileged from production in legal proceedings on the ground of legal professional privilege and discussion of the matter in open meeting would be, on balance, contrary to the public interest.
RESUMPTION OF BUSINESS IN OPEN COMMITTEE
The meeting resumed at 9:35pm and the General Manager reported that after excluding the press and public from the meeting, the Policy Review Committee met in confidential session from 8:21pm to 9:35pm to consider a legal matter.
The General Manager reported that while in confidential session, the Committee resolved the confidential business as follows:
There being no further business the Chairperson declared the meeting closed, the time being 9:36pm.