OF THE POLICY REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING OF PENRITH CITY COUNCIL HELD IN THE PASSADENA ROOM, PENRITH
ON MONDAY 27 JULY 2009 AT 7:13 PM
His Worship the Mayor Councillor Jim Aitken OAM, Councillors Kaylene Allison, Robert Ardill (arrived 7:47pm), Kevin Crameri OAM, Greg Davies, Mark Davies, Tanya Davies, Ross Fowler OAM, Ben Goldfinch, Jackie Greenow, Prue Guillaume, Marko Malkoc, Karen McKeown, Kath Presdee, and John Thain.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
A City of Opportunities
Community and Cultural Development Manager, Erich Weller and Community Programs Co-ordinator, Joe Ibbitson gave a presentation on the Draft Planning for an Ageing Community Strategy
Councillor Karen McKeown left the meeting, the time being 7:35pm.
Councillor Karen McKeown returned to the meeting, the time being 7:38pm.
Councillor Robert Ardill arrived to the meeting, the time being 7:47pm.
1. The information contained in the report on Draft Planning for an Ageing Community Strategy be received
2. Council endorse the Draft Planning for an Ageing Community Strategy for Public Exhibition for a period of 28 days.
3. That a further report be prepared on the outcomes of the Public Exhibition process and any proposed changes to the documentation for consideration by Council.
4. A memo reply be provided to all Councillors outlining measures to encourage people to become involved in volunteering and also detailing the strategies employed to communicate the Draft Planning for an Ageing Community Strategy.
1. The information contained in the report on Housing Opportunities for Older People be received
2. Council host a Mayoral Forum for accessible Housing Opportunities for Older People and Older People with disability in Penrith LGA as outlined in this report.