OF THE POLICY REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING OF PENRITH CITY COUNCIL HELD IN THE PASSADENA ROOM, PENRITH
ON MONDAY 30 AUGUST 2010 AT 7:34PM
His Worship the Mayor Councillor Kevin Crameri OAM, Kaylene Allison, Robert Ardill, Greg Davies, Mark Davies, Tanya Davies, Ross Fowler OAM, Ben Goldfinch, Jackie Greenow, Prue Guillaume, Marko Malkoc and Kath Presdee.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
A City of Opportunities
Children’s Services Development Officer, Karen Van Woundenberg introduced the report and invited Barbie Bates & Julie Jasprizza-Laus from Mission Australia, who gave a brief presentation on the initiative and sought Council’s support in partnering the program.
1. The information contained in the report on Paint the Town REaD be received
2. Council support the initiative “Paint the Town REaD” within existing resources available including the Annual Reading Day.
Community Programmes Co-ordinator, Tracy Leahy gave a brief introduction to the report and took questions from the Councillors.
1. The information contained in the report on Youth Action Plan 2010-2013 - Outcome of Further Consultations be received
2. Council endorse the Youth Action Plan 2010–2013 at Attachment 1 for implementation.
1. The information contained in the report on Draft Public Spaces Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) - Code of Practice be received.
2. Council adopt the Draft Public Spaces Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Program Code of Practice.
CCTV cameras under the ownership and operation of Penrith City Council be
operated in accordance with the Public Spaces Closed Circuit Television
(CCTV) Program Code of Practice.
4. A further report be prepared detailing the:
Current annual cost of the existing Public Space CCTV Program.
· Cost of the relocation of hard-drives, used to record and store camera footage to a central location within the Civic Centre, including upgrade of system infrastructure.
· Feasibility of, and costs involved, with the retention of all CCTV camera footage from all sites.
· Possibility of further sites in the Penrith LGA, including cameras at the War Memorial sites, determine costs and develop a prioritised implementation program.
· Use of Mobile CCTV Cameras at identified hot spots.
There being no further business the Chairperson declared the meeting closed the time being 8:27pm.