OF THE POLICY REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING OF PENRITH CITY COUNCIL HELD IN THE PASSADENA ROOM, PENRITH
ON MONDAY 4 APRIL 2011 AT 7:30PM
Deputy Mayor, Councillor Jim Aitken OAM, Councillors Kevin Crameri OAM, Kaylene Allison, Robert Ardill, Greg Davies, Mark Davies, Ross Fowler OAM, Ben Goldfinch, Jackie Greenow, Prue Guillaume, Marko Malkoc, Karen McKeown, Kath Presdee and John Thain.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
1. The information contained in the report on 2011 Australian Local Government Association (ALGA) National General Assembly of Local Government Motions be received
2. The Motions detailed in the report on ‘Financial assistance for ageing populations’, ‘Accessibility information for tourist accommodation’ and ‘Compliance with accessibility requirements for bus stops’ be submitted for inclusion in the 2011 Australian Local Government Association National General Assembly business paper.
3. An additional item c be added to the Motion -Financial assistance for ageing populations to read:
“c) Any increase in pensioner rebates to be fully funded by state and federal governments.”
1. The information contained in the report on Proposed "Jordan Springs" Suburb Name in the St Marys Release Area be received
2. Council endorse the name “Jordan Springs” as the proposed suburb name for the area being developed in the Western Precinct of the St Marys Release Area
3. Council endorse the proposed boundary of the new “Jordan Springs” suburb as detailed on the plan at Appendix No. 2 to this report
4. The Geographical Names Board be advised of Council’s decision regarding the proposed “Jordan Springs” suburb name and boundary
5. A further report be provided to Council advising of the decision of the Geographical Names Board regarding the proposed “Jordan Springs” suburb name and boundary following public exhibition of the proposal
6. The proponent meet the cost for rectification of existing street name signs referencing Llandilo should gazettal of the “Jordan Springs” suburb proceed
7. The proponent be advised of Council’s decision.
1. The information contained in the report on Adoption of the Draft Amendments to Chapter 6.11 - Glenmore Park Town Centre within the Development Control Plan 2006 be received
2. Council adopt the draft Amendments to Chapter 6.11 - Glenmore Park Town Centre within the Development Control Plan 2006
3. In accordance with the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulations 2000, Council give public notice of its decision in a local newspaper within 28 days, with the DCP coming into effect upon notification in the newspaper
4. Council provide the Director-General with a copy of the plan, within 28 days of making a development control plan.
In accordance with Section 375A of the Local Government Act 1993, a DIVISION was then called with the following result:
1. The information contained in the report on Personal Trainer and Commercial Fitness Group Draft Policy be received.
2. The draft Personal Trainer and Commercial Fitness Group Policy be placed on public exhibition between 11 April – 16 May 2011.
3. The proposed fees and charges for use of sportsgrounds and reserves by Personal Fitness Trainers and Commercial Fitness Groups be exhibited as part of Council’s public exhibition of it’s 2011 – 2012 Fees and Charges.
4. A further report be presented to Council providing details of the public exhibition of the draft Policy and of the fees and charges outcomes.
1. The information contained in the report on Penrith and St Marys Centres Management Review be received
2. The Penrith and St Marys Centres’ Management Review consultant brief incorporate the changes outlined in the report
3. The review be funded in accordance with the proposal outlined in the report
There being no further business the Chairperson declared the meeting closed the time being 8:07pm.