OF THE POLICY REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING OF PENRITH CITY COUNCIL HELD IN THE PASSADENA ROOM, PENRITH
ON MONDAY 10 FEBRUARY 2014 AT 7:02PM
His Worship the Mayor, Councillor Ross Fowler OAM, Deputy Mayor, Councillor Jim Aitken OAM and Councillors Bernard Bratusa, Prue Car (arrived 7:10pm), Kevin Crameri OAM, Marcus Cornish, Greg Davies, Mark Davies, Maurice Girotto, Ben Goldfinch, Jackie Greenow OAM, Tricia Hitchen, Karen McKeown, John Thain and Michelle Tormey.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
Councillor Prue Car arrived at 7:10pm.
Executive Manager - Environment and City Development, Wayne Mitchell introduced the report and invited President of the Asbestos Diseases Foundation of Australia Inc, Mr Barry Robson and Acting Environmental Health Manager, Anthony Price to give a presentation.
1. The information contained in the report on Asbestos Policy be received.
2. The Asbestos Policy be adopted by Council.
thank Mr Barry Robson for his attendance and assistance in the development of
4. Councillor Officers be thanked for their efforts in developing this Policy.
5. A further report be brought to a future meeting detailing domestic asbestos waste disposal issues including costs for small quantities, penalties for the unlawful receipt of asbestos removal, the cost to the City and Council of development related asbestos issues and information on the outcome of the asbestos disposal trial recently carried out by Holroyd City Council.
1. The information contained in the report on Rates & Charges Policies be received.
2. The Rates & Charges Hardship Policy be approved.
3. The Rates & Charges Pension Rebate Policy be approved.
PRC 4 RESOLVED on the MOTION of Councillor Jim Aitken OAM seconded Councillor Karen McKeown that the information contained in the report on Draft Buildings Policy be received and the Draft Policy be endorsed.