OF THE POLICY REVIEW COMMITTEE MEETING OF PENRITH CITY COUNCIL HELD IN THE PASSADENA ROOM, PENRITH
ON MONDAY 20 APRIL 2015 AT 7:05PM
His Worship the Mayor, Councillor Ross Fowler OAM, Deputy Mayor, Councillor Greg Davies (arrived 7:06pm) and Councillors Jim Aitken OAM, Bernard Bratusa, Prue Car MP (arrived 7:12pm), Kevin Crameri OAM, Marcus Cornish (arrived 7:06pm), Mark Davies, Maurice Girotto, Jackie Greenow OAM, Tricia Hitchen (arrived 7:15pm) and Karen McKeown.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
Leave of Absence was previously granted to Councillor Ben Goldfinch for the period 15 April 2015 to 6 May 2015 inclusive.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
City Planning Manager, Paul Grimson introduced the report and gave a presentation.
1. The information contained in the report on Proposed Submission on the Draft Vision Plan for Penrith Lakes Parkland be received.
2. The Proposed Submission on the Draft Vision Plan for Penrith Lakes Parkland be endorsed for submission to the NSW Office of Penrith Lakes, subject to the inclusion of the additional matters raised by Councillors tonight.
3. The results of the NSW Office of Penrith Lakes consultation on the Draft Vision Plan for Penrith Lakes Parkland be reported to Council when published.
4. The Council Officers be congratulated on the work carried out in preparing the draft submission.
1. The information contained in the report on Nepean District Tennis Association - Licence Agreement and Facility Development at Woodriff Gardens be received.
2. A licence agreement be finalised with Nepean District Tennis Association for the operation of Woodriff Gardens for a period of five years, renewable for a further five years, including the following terms:
Penrith City Council provides:
a. Grounds maintenance (lawns, weeding etc).
b. Building, property and infrastructure maintenance and replacement.
c. Garbage removal from central pick up bins.
d. Fence and lighting repairs maintenance and replacement.
e. Daily court maintenance.
f. Daily cleaning of public amenities including bathrooms/showers/toilets.
g. Removal of rubbish from small bins to central pick up bins.
h. Daily cleaning of clubhouse and surrounds.
i. An extensive range of tennis coaching, competition, tournament programming, and social court hire to the community seven days a week.
j. Trained staff to facilitate delivery of all programs seven days a week.
k. $2,375 per month indexed annually for 60 months as a contribution to the initial court resurfacing cost with a rent review prior to any future licence renewal.
3. The draft licence for the management and operation of Woodriff Gardens Tennis Complex by Nepean District Tennis Association be advertised in accordance with the terms of s47a of the Local Government Act 1993 with a further report to be presented to Council.
4. Council’s contribution of $210,000 and the establishment of an internal loan of $142,500 be provided as outlined in the report.
5. Council endorse the acceptance of the Tennis Australia contribution of $75,000 and the NSW Government contribution of $75,000.
Councillor Marcus Cornish left the meeting, the time being 7:35pm.
Councillor Marcus Cornish returned to the meeting, the time being 7:36pm.
1. The information contained in the report on Synthetic Sports Surfaces Feasibility Study be received.
2. A further report be presented to Council detailing the future demand and supply of sporting fields, including all weather surface fields.
3. A further report be presented to Council detailing the cost comparisons between turf sporting field surfaces and synthetic sporting field surfaces.
4. An explanation be sought from the consultants explaining the re-use of textual material from other studies they have previously prepared in their report to Council.
1. The information contained in the report on Regional Strategic Alliance - Co-operation and Management Agreement be received.
2. Council give authority to the General Manager to enter into a Regional Strategic Alliance Co-operation and Management Agreement (the “Agreement”) with Blue Mountains City Council and Hawkesbury City Council as per Attachment 3.
3. Council commit to provide up to $40,000 to this Project as part of the terms of the Co-operation and Management Agreement.
4. Council establish the Joint Committee of Councils as a section 355 committee in accordance with the Local Government Act 1993 (NSW).
5. Council delegate to the Joint Committee of Councils the authority to give advice to Councils on matters relating to the Project vision and general objectives and with respect to regional strategic alliance issues generally.
6. Council appoint to the Joint Committee of Councils three representatives as voting members, being the Mayor and the Deputy Mayor – who held these positions at the time of executing the Agreement and that they continue to hold their appointment on the Joint Committee of Councils for the duration of the Agreement – and the General Manager or his/her nominee.
7. Council appoint a Councillor Alternate to act for the Mayor or Deputy Mayor appointed by Council to the Joint Committee of Councils while such member is absent from any meeting of the Joint Committee of Councils.
8. Council write to the Minister for Local Government informing the Minister of the formation of this Regional Strategic Alliance between Blue Mountains City Council, Hawkesbury City Council and Penrith City Council and renew requests for State Government funding to contribute towards the work of this Regional Strategic Alliance.
9. Council write to the local State Members informing them of the formation of this Regional Strategic Alliance between Blue Mountains City Council, Hawkesbury City Council and Penrith City Council and seeking their support for the request made to the Minister for Local Government requesting for State Government funding to contribute towards the work of this Regional Strategic Alliance.
10. Letters be prepared and immediately sent to Blue Mountains City Council and Hawkesbury City Council advising them of the Committee’s resolution in respect of this report.
Note: Please refer to Minute No. 86 of the Ordinary Meeting of 27 April 2015, for amended resolution.
REQUESTS FOR REPORTS AND MEMORANDUMS AND URGENT BUSINESS
Councillor Karen McKeown left the meeting, the time being 7:57pm.
Councillor Karen McKeown returned to the meeting, the time being 7:58pm.
Councillor Kevin Crameri OAM requested a memo be sent to all Councillors providing information in relation to the filling of the flood plain at the ADI Site and that all Councillors be entitled to receive a copy of the Council Officer’s report to the JRPP when it becomes publically available.
PRC 30 RESOLVED on the MOTION of Councillor Jackie Greenow OAM seconded Councillor Greg Davies that the matter be brought forward as a matter of urgency.
His Worship the Mayor, Councillor Ross Fowler OAM, ruled that the matter was urgent and should be dealt with at the meeting.
PRC 31 RESOLVED on the MOTION of Councillor Jackie Greenow OAM seconded Councillor Greg Davies that Councillor Tricia Hitchen be granted Leave of Absence for the period 24 April 2015 to 2 May 2015 inclusive.
There being no further
business the Chairperson declared the meeting closed the time being 8:07pm.